Fast Sundays are my favorite. I love for people to get up and share their experiences and the things that they personally know. Sacrament meeting was phenomenal yesterday. As I was sitting there listening to these people around me sharing their testimonies, the thought came to me how amazing it is that we (as BYU students and members of the 111th ward, I guess) are all here because WE WANT TO BE HERE. Not because Mom and Dad are saying "Come on kids. It's Sunday...get ready because this is what we do on Sundays." We're all going because we know the kind of strength and power that are found in the gospel, and for me personally, the only way I can make it through the week is if I'm at church on Sunday. Sunday morning before church I feel like a rechargeable battery that all the juice has been drained out of...then church just sets me back on the charger and by the end of the Sabbath, I've got enough energy to last me through the next week.
I LOVE THAT!!!
Even better, we had a lesson in Relief Society on jealousy and how comparing ourselves to others just tears us down. I have a quote on my mirror that says “The only person you should compare yourself to is Christ.” SO TRUE!
I loved this quote that Maria had that said,
“The race is against sin—not against each other.”
You would think that would be obvious...but no. Epiphany occured right at about that moment. I don't have to be the best because it isn't between me and you! It's between me and Satan....and trust me, HE'S GOING DOWN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Leash, I hope i'm not intruding on your blog, but i really really enjoy reading it!!!
ReplyDeleteKels Valentine