I love how my life can go from almost boring to holy-crap-this-is-so-much-stuff-i-never-stop-no-downtime-ever-i'm-gonna-go-crazy-right-NOW in like 3 weeks.
Okay, wait...no. No, I don't love that. I wish that it could be a little more balanced, with a little more to do in the summer, and a little less to do in the fall.
I have been so busy the past couple weeks I don't even know how I'm still going. I leave at 7:45 or 8:45 in the morning and sometimes don't get back until 6:00 at night. Class, class, class, homework, homework, homework. Sundays used to be my recharging day, my day of rest. Um, FALSE. Not anymore it appears. My church starts at 10:15 but meetings start at 7:20. While being in the Relief Society Presidency is an incredible learning opportunity that I'm so grateful for, it does require more effort and time than I ever imagined. Because I don't know many of the girls yet, I feel a little intimidated and a little inadequate when I'm up in front of them. But I know that Heavenly Father wants me in this position and that He's going to help me out. Plus, as I get to know them and become their friend, they're going to seem a lot less scary. :)
There have been times the past 2 weeks that I've wanted to cry. Scratch that, where I have cried because I don't know how I'm supposed to do it all. It doesn't seem possible! I'm being mentally, emotionally and spiritually stretched this year, fosh (that's how cool kids say for sure).
In my back to school blessing, I was warned to be sure that I magnify my calling and so I'm making sure that that is my number one priority. I'm trying to help myself out by attending institute and by going to the temple once a week too. I need all the blessings I can get.
Last week, my back was really hurting and so I asked my roommates' boyfriends to give me a blessing. They did and well, it turns out my back wasn't the only thing that needed to be blessed. In that blessing were words of advice that I'm never going to forget:
"As you put Heavenly Father first, all else will fall into place."
Words to live by, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're amazing Leash! You're stong and will get through it.
ReplyDelete