Wednesday, May 19, 2010

home.

Home.

Is it possible to have more than one?

Dallas, Texas is forever home. This is where I was born and bred. I would say I am Texan through and through! When I'm at school, I miss it so much! There is family love. This is where my parents, siblings, and many aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents are. These are the people I love because they helped shape me into who I am today. I feel comfortable here, knowing that it holds my past.

But now that I am at my forever home, my heart is longing for its other home: Provo. There's all sorts of love up in that place too: friend love, roommate love, cousinly love, Swim's love, student singles ward love, Relief Society love...love out the wazoo! Although Dallas shaped me, Provo has refined me. Being away from "home" has led to so much growth! I feel like I've progressed as much in the past 3 years as I had all 17 years growing up.

I'm anticipating that Kirtland, Ohio is about to become home too. Cuz heaven knows there's gonna be love spreading all around that place! When I was serving as a Relief Society President, there were times when I literally felt like my heart and my body was going to explode because of all of the love I was feeling for my girls. So..I can only imagine when I can dedicate all day, every day to serving the Lord and His children how much love I'll be feeling then!

Basically, I think "they" are right: home is where the heart is because home is where the love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment