
"Keep thou my feet;
I do not ask to see the distant scene-
One step enough for me....
I loved to choose and see my path;
but now, lead thou me on."
I have no idea where I'm going to be in the next 4-7 months of my life.
I thought I did...up until about a month ago.
Now I'm just a little bit confused.
All I want to do is whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do!
I'm sincerely trying to figure out what exactly that is, and trying to let one step at a time be enough for me. That song at the top of this entry is what I'm striving for.
It's just hard though! Imagine a room that's pitch black with only me in it. My task is to find the door. Picture me with my hands out in front of me, repeatedly bumping into the walls, struggling to know which way to go....and welcome to my life right now!
In my blessing that I got before school, it says that I'm not shown the whole path but turn by turn, I'll be instructed to my destination. That, coupled with previous experiences, reassures me that Heavenly Father's looking out for me and He's going to put me where He needs me to be. That brings me some comfort.
Still...not knowing where you're going is SCARY. However, I know that walking by faith requires moving...so walls in that dark room, meet Alicia. I have a feeling we're going to be really good friends by the time I finally find that door.

You'll find it, and it will be worth it. Keep it up! You're amazing!!
ReplyDeleteAlicia dear,
ReplyDeleteI feel you. I feel these words. Gosh I know what its like to go through life feeling like there is no possible way you can do all that has been required of you. But you are strong and have the Lord on your side; with Him you can do anything. You have so much faith! Keep going girl!
love flows,
Kendra
I miss you. I know you can do anything! Anyone who can make a freaking amazing sock puppet (a.k.a YOU) can do anything! Conquering the world should be an easy feat for you! ;)
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, this is the fun part. Scarey, but fun! You will be amazed at all of the good things that happen in your life and the places you will end up when you "think" you know where you are going. Serendipity is the word.
ReplyDelete