Monday, November 9, 2009

party in the 801...and inside my head.

I have been thinking a lot about people lately.

People and relationships are what matter in this world and in this life. It's not about school, church, work...it's about the individuals. It's not a collective thing.

I love getting to know people and learning about them, seeing how they act in different situations and their dynamics with other people.
I love the hymn "Have I Done Any Good?"

Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone's burden been lighter today because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help, was I there?...

Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

[Folks, I do believe this is what it's really all about.]

Basically, what I'm saying is (for the most part) I love people. So if you're reading this, thank you!

Thank you for being in my life.
........................................................................................................................................................................

On a less introspective note....


Sometimes I don't want anything to do with school so my roommates and I dress up pretty and take our roommate Shandi to Spark, a non-alcoholic restaurant/lounge, for her birthday!




Sometimes we order a double berry martini, hold the alcohol, and we feel really cool and like we're in the movie Sweet Home Alabama when they're playing pool at the club and she has a martini and she eats the olives off the stick in the drink. Okay, or maybe that's just me.





And then other times, we don't want to dress up pretty. We just want to let our awkward natures come out....This is what results then:

(P.S. Don't judge me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment